Photobucket

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Follow the Yellow Brick Road

Follow the Yellow Brick Road. Follow the Yellow Brick Road.
Follow, follow, follow, follow,
Follow the Yellow Brick Road.
Follow the Yellow Brick, Follow the Yellow Brick,
Follow the Yellow Brick Road.

We're off to see the Wizard, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
You'll find he is a whiz of a Wiz! If ever a Wiz! there was.
If ever oh ever a Wiz! there was The Wizard of Oz is one because,
Because, because, because, because, because.
Because of the wonderful things he does.
We're off to see the Wizard. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Now that you have that song stuck in your head I'll continue :)

But that's how I'm feeling today. Tomorrow is my pre-surgery class.  I'm more than anxious, I'm nervous.  I've learned so much over the past six months from the forums over at ObesityHelp.com that for me to have to "learn" more is scary.  What couldn't I know?  Is there something I could of missed?  What if the information I'm going to learn is different than what I already know? Do I have room in my head for new information?  Shit, what about the list of questions I've been meaning to gather to take with me?!  I am so unprepared, well not really but thats how I feel.

Tomorrow I also get my pre-surgery liquid diet.  I don't start it until the 27th which means the next few days are going to be spent doing what every fat person does best, eating my fricken heart out.  Probably not the healthiest thing in the world, but a liquid diet for 2 weeks is a big deal for me.  After my surgery my liquid diet will continue until my tummy is healed.  Dr. Greenbaum (my surgeon) will keep me on a semi-liquid diet for the first few weeks.  Translation: Nothing super yummy for over a month.  Oh yeah the next few days are going to be filled with calorie fun!

I can't wait to return with tons of more WLS information to fill your heads with.  Wish me luck!


5S7G935AFARS

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Another DS'er blogging! Hooray!!! AND congrats on your upcoming surgery. It's gonna be a wild ride, but worth every single moment of craziness before you find your sea legs.

    Do you mind if I post a link to your blog on mine?

    Blessings,

    dina
    http://livingthedslife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And yes please do post a link to me. I will return the favor just as soon as I get home and update my blog. Thank you sooo much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...