Photobucket

Saturday, July 23, 2011

The stuff you read over

Before I start to ramble I'd like to share something new, well ok, semi new.  I have a facebook page just for my blog.  right now it's not much more than a place for me to update you with my latest blog ramblings but soon it will be somewhere I share exclusive info and maybe even a contest for some weightloss related goodies!
Check it out HERE!

One of the things I have come to love about ObesityHelp.com is the ruthlessness of some of the members.  As much as they will tell you what an awesome surgery the DS is they are also quick to tell you the downsides.  Only thing is as much as I want to read about the crappy first few weeks or the lovely new stench my behind is producing there are things that are put in the storage part of my brain. Today is a product of just that.

I know the first few weeks are the pits.  I know how diligent I have to be about my shakes and H2O intake.  I know that I should probably be resting more and moving around less.  These things have been drilled into my head.  I just hate feeling so crappy.  I can't wait for the next few weeks when things seem to really kick into gear.

I'm not getting in enough protein.  I think alot of it has to do with my pre-op liquid diet and also the lack of intake I'm having now.  I feel weak, tired and generally just not well.  I know pre-op a month after I've started a liquid diet I would feel similar to this.  I wasn't sure if it was liquid diet related until I talked to my mom who confirms she remembers feeling like crap around the four week mark too.  Then take into consideration that I'm having a hard time getting anything into my body.  When I eat/drink my tummy makes this weird gurgling sensation and noises.  It's really weird.  So eating/drinking is a little unpleasant at the moment.   

I know I mentioned in my last post that I would be starting my vitamins and to a degree I have.  I'm taking all the vitamins the doctor wants me to take right now.  Next week I plan on going to Vitaladys full course of vitamin schedule.  I also have my first post-op appointment where I get to see my favorite doctor again.

The upside to all of this is you can really see the weight melting off my face.  I'll take some pictures in the next day or two to share.  Just as soon as I'm able to venture outside.  With this heat I'm scared to even get the mail.

I have a few online friends getting ready for their surgery over the next two weeks and I look forward to helping them through what the past two weeks have put me through. I also get to meet my first OH friend while she recovers in the hospital!  I'm soo excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...